Here are the awards we've been fortunate to receive:
- Winner, "Business: Writing and Publishing" category, 2012 International Book Awards.
- Winner, "Education/Academic" category, 2012 Next Generation Indie Book Awards.
- Winner, General Non-Fiction Award. 2011 London Books Festival Award.
- Listed 5th in "This Year's Ten Most Terrific Writing Books" by The Writer magazine (Dec 2011).
- Finalist, "Business: Writing and Publishing" category. USA Best Books 2011 Award.
- Finalist. 2012 Eric Hoffer Book Awards.
- Finalist, "Writing" category. ForeWord Review's 2011 Book of the Year Awards.
We're proud of our contributors and owe it all to them. Every testimony we've heard has been positive about the book and the lessons it has to teach.
In other news:
Our publisher, Headline Books, is looking into releasing an ebook edition in the near future. Considering how hefty and voluminous this title is, that is sure to be a treat.
We'll have copies of Many Genres for sale and signing once again at the In Your Write Mind alumni workshop at Seton Hill U in Greensburg, PA, on Friday, June 22nd, 2012. 7-10pm.
The editors have new books out, so if you don't hear from us here as often as you'd expect, come on by our individual websites to learn more about what we're up to. Heidi's latest book is Greenshift and you can learn more about it at http://heidirubymiller.blogspot.com. Michael's latest is The Gorelets Omnibus, and you can visit him at http://gorelets.com. Chances are very good that if either of us are at a convention or publishing event, we will be talking about Many Genres somewhere on the program, or will have copies of the book with us to show you or sell if you'd like one. Of course, the book remains in print and is available to order online from amazon or your favorite bookseller -- see our "Ordering" page for more information.
Thank you to everyone for sharing their reactions online and in person... it means a lot to us to know that the book is helping you write. There are many genres, one craft to study...but you also have many stories to write...especially the one you're working on right now. So go -- get to it... and persist!
-- Michael Arnzen & Heidi Ruby Miller